The STAR platform is upgraded to 2.0 on 6 October 2020. STAR 2.0 will progressively extend the coverage from Basic Competencies to full curriculum of Chinese Language, English Language and Mathematics, with new and enhanced features added by phases. Please note the following:
- Students working on assessment papers already published by teachers, including the ‘Gainful Use of TSA 2020 Materials’, will not be affected.
- Teachers creating new papers should start by selecting Basic Competency or Full Curriculum. There is no change for Basic Competency. For Full Curriculum, teachers should select assessment tasks / questions based on the learning objectives of the Curriculum Guide. Please click here for details.
- New and enhanced features for this upgrade:
- more listening and writing assessment tasks for language subjects;
- Mathematics will cover Non-foundation Topics (applicable to Key S3) by phases;
- split screen display for reading assessment tasks for language subjects (subject to the assessment task design);
- open-ended questions added for language subjects;
- teachers can enter / select comments for open-ended questions; and
- new graphical presentation of performance reports.